Friday, May 1, 2015

Reflection

  1. Which in class writing was your favorite? Why?
  2. Which in class writing was your least favorite? Why?
  3. Review all your writing chronologically (earliest to latest). List three interesting observations or changes in your writing. Which are the most profound (obvious and important)? Why?
  4. If you could change anything about your writing this semester what would it be? Why?
  5. What did you like best about this course?
  6. What did you like least about this course?
  7. What would you have done differently this semester if you could have a do-over?
  8. What did learn about yourself as a student, a thinker, a writer this semester?
  9. What could I, Ms. A., have done differently to improve the course?
  10. You begin this course with an engagement and participation score of an A.  Attendance, participation in activities and group work help you to maintain this grade.  Evaluate yourself and assign yourself a grade for the in class portion of this course.  Don’t forget the reasoning behind your self assigned grade.



  • Honestly, my favorite in class writing assignment would probably have to be the I believe essay. That's really the only writing assignment we did that wasn't a group project or a free write, which is exactly why it's my favorite. My least favorite assignment was the 25 word dictionary. Mostly because I am the kind of person where if there is an option to work alone, I'll do it. I don't like group projects and that's not because I don't know how to work in them, it's because half the time it's awkward for everyone to start if they don't already know each other and also because I end up having my own ideas, and I always think they're the best (because they are), so I'm always unhappy with the results of group projects. 



  • As far as my writing goes, I haven't noticed much change. I seem to get better at spelling things correctly for free writes, but other than that I don't think my writing has improved at all. It's stayed the same. Nothing is different to me, at least I'm not seeing the difference. If I could change anything about my writing, I would like to improve overall, but specifically in grammar.



  • The best things about this course were the philosophical discussions, and open discussions about current events and ideals. I love philosophy so I really enjoyed this part of the class; I don't get these anywhere else. I just wish I would have had the courage to speak up more in class.



  • The thing I liked the least about this course were that there were really no assignments. It's hard to track my grade when there really isn't one. About the writing specifically, anything that was a group project was the worst. All of them were the same to me. As previously stated : group projects and I just do not get along.



  • If I could do anything differently, I would speak up more, and probably put more effort into the free writes. 



  • I haven't really learned anything new, but I have had a refresher course on a lot of topics. As a student, not so much. But as a thinker/writer, I've relearned that there is always an audience, whether it be yourself or others, and it's best to remember what your audience has been through/who your audience is before you speak/write.



  • To improve the course, I would suggest less free writing (but that's my own personal preference), less group projects, and more written assignments with grades, and better feedback. I didn't get much feedback on the writings we did submit, and I feel that it hinders the opportunity to become a better writer. I think what I submitted was perfect, but there were probably a lot of errors, and I wish there would have been a reflection time to see where I was not doing so well, and work on that.



  • I absolutely hate giving myself a grade. I always grade low (I wouldn't be a very good teacher), especially when it comes to myself because I know that I could've done better. But overall I would say a very low A, or high B. Mostly because I participated in all of the assignments I was here for and the like, but I never really participated in group discussions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brittany - Nice reflection and thank you for the feedback. It was a pleasure to have you in class. ~Ms. A.